1979 Pontiac Firebird, TransAm, Formula - 1970 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air III
1979 Pontiac Firebird, TransAm, Formula
La Center, WA 98629
NewstalgiaMotors.com offers a fully documented and 100% numbers matching Trans Am Ram Air III. This un-restored, un-molested "time capsule" is the real deal from a private collector. This T/A was built in the Van Nuys, California Assembly Plant, delivered to the Louis Frahm Pontiac dealership in Downey, California and spent the rest of its life in the dry Southwest and West Coast. 3196 Trans Am's were built as 1970 models. Of these, only 1339 were Ram Air III T/A's with automatic transmissions. Can you say expensive and rare? More details below...
• Polar White with blue stripes
• Original sheet metal, paint, and decals
• No evidence of rust or accident damage, very solid body panels, floor pans, and trunk pan
• Original seat upholstery, headliner, door panels and dash are in remarkable condition. There is some light fading on the dash, but no cracks. The original carpet has been replaced.
• All instrumentation is fully operable
• Pontiac 400 Ram Air III "YZ" Engine
• M40 (TH400) Automatic Transmission
• Power Steering
• Power Brakes
• Air Conditioning
• Power Windows
• 12 bolt Positraction Rear Axle
• "JW" Coded Wheels
• Custom Blue Knitted Vinyl interior with Strato bucket seats
• Factory Radio
• PHS Documentation
• Original Build Sheet
• Original window sticker
• Some service and ownership history
• Engine Code: YZ
• Transmission #03098
• Differential Cover #0216C (3:31.1 Ratio)
• Carburetor #7040570 WN
• Distributor #1112009 AG
A well documented 1970 Trans Am Ram Air III is a must have in any serious Pontiac collection.
Additional photos and details of this absolutely AWESOME 1970 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air III can be viewed at http://www.newstalgiamotors.com/carsdb/1970-Pontiac-Trans-Am-Ram-Air-III or CALL: Bob @ 00+1+925-699-5697. We can assist with Pre-Purchase Inspections, Door-to-Door Shipping, etc. Thanks for looking!